Major in marketing at K-State
Marketing is a broad, dynamic field with many interesting opportunities. Our students learn not only in the classroom settings, but also through internship and co-op opportunities, by touring corporations, and exposure to visiting marketing executives. Quality education and real-world experience prepare our students for exciting and rewarding careers in marketing.
With business becoming increasingly competitive, marketing has become more important than ever before. Marketing involves
- determining consumer needs,
- translating those needs into products and services, and
- selling them in a highly competitive global marketplace.
It requires analytical skills, as well as intuition, logic, and creativity.
Opportunities to excel
As a marketing student, you will have many opportunities to enhance your educational experience.
National Strategic Selling Institute
was recently founded to advance the relationship selling profession through leadership in interdisciplinary academic education, highly impactful research, and valued outreach activity.
- Students from any major can
apply to earn a Certificate in Professional Strategic Selling
that allows them to distinguish themselves by demonstrating professionalism and competency in selling skills.
- In addition to the lab, you may join the K-State Sales Cats Sales Team to participate in competitions around the country.
Business of Sports and Entertainment Certificate
program provides students with a deep understanding of the role of sports and entertainment in business, enhanced by hands-on, real-time experiential learning opportunities.
- And you may become a member of the Pi Sigma Epsilon co-ed fraternity for students in marketing, sales, and management.