Marketing is a broad, dynamic field with many interesting opportunities. Our students learn not only in the classroom settings, but also through internship and co-op opportunities, by touring corporations, and exposure to visiting marketing executives. Quality education and real-world experience prepare our students for exciting and rewarding careers in marketing.
With business becoming increasingly competitive, marketing has become more important than ever before. Marketing involves
- determining consumer needs,
- translating those needs into products and services, and
- selling them in a highly competitive global marketplace.
It requires analytical skills, as well as intuition, logic, and creativity.
Opportunities to excel
As a marketing student, you will have many opportunities to enhance your educational experience.
- Our National Strategic Selling Institute was recently founded to advance the relationship selling profession through leadership in interdisciplinary academic education, highly impactful research, and valued outreach activity.
- Students from any major can apply to earn a Certificate in Professional Strategic Selling that allows them to distinguish themselves by demonstrating professionalism and competency in selling skills.
- In addition to the lab, you may join the K-State Sales Cats Sales Team to participate in competitions around the country.
- The Business of Sports and Entertainment Certificate program provides students with a deep understanding of the role of sports and entertainment in business, enhanced by hands-on, real-time experiential learning opportunities.
- And you may become a member of the Pi Sigma Epsilon co-ed fraternity for students in marketing, sales, and management.