Women in Business Career Summit
Friday, October 22, 2021
The College of Business Women in Business Initiative will launch with our inaugural Career Summit on Friday, October 22, 2021 at the K-State Alumni Association and K-State Student Union.
The Career Summit is presented by the Center for Principled Business at Kansas State University, for current high school and college students. The Summit will provide an opportunity for personal and professional development for current college students as they prepare to move into the workforce and will connect successful alumni with high school and college women to offer mentoring, networking, and learning opportunities.
- Keynote Speaker – Leanne Caret, CEO, Boeing Defense, Space, & Security, named one of Fortune's "Most Powerful Women"
- Career conversation with Tracy Britt Cool, Co-founder of Kanbrick and former top deputy to Warren Buffett
- MC and Panel Facilitator, Nabeeha Kazi Hutchins, CEO, PAI
- Welcome, Amy Button Renz, President and CEO, K-State Alumni Association
- Dr. Mary Hale Tolar, Director, Staley School of Leadership Studies
- Dr. Trisha Gott, Associate Director and Assistant Professor, Staley School of Leadership Studies
- Dr. Rachel Mui, Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship, K-State College of Business
- Jen Vellenga, Co-Founder, Voice First World
- Dr. Emily Lehning, Higher Education Administrator and Consultant
- Dr. Olivia Law-DelRosso, Assistant Dean for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging, K-State College of Business
- Jana Thomas, Professor of Practice, Advertising and Public Relations Sequence Head, K-State A.Q. Miller School of Journalism and Mass Communications, Owner, Strictly Social Media
- Morgan Greene, Program Coordinator, KAWSE (Kansas State Office for the Advancement of Women in Science and Engineering)
- Mary Ellen Barkley, Assistant Director, K-State Career Center
- Dr. Chardie Baird, Professor of Sociology, Executive Director, KAWSE (Kansas State Office for the Advancement of Women in Science and Engineering)
- Kathleen Hatch, Morrison Family Associate Vice President for Student Well-Being, K-State
- Carolyn Thompson, Managing Principal and Founder, The Merito Group
- Amy Hillman, Recruiter Liasion, Olathe Public Schools, Instructor, K-State College of Education
- Kiley Moody, Managing Director, Scholars Services, K-State Office of First-Generation Students
- Diane Paumier, Marketplace Operations Director, Nike
- Anna Salas, Instructor of Management, K-State College of Business
- Jurdene Coleman, LCMFT, Therapist & Mental Health Services Supervisor, Pawnee Mental Health Services, Board of Education Member, USD #383
- Dr. Ashley Rhodes, Teaching Professor, K-State Division of Biology
- Tamara Bauer, Program Director, K-State Staley School of Leadership Studies
*Agenda updated each week with confirmed new speakers, sessions, and topics
Schedule and registration information can be found here - https://ksuwibsummit.sched.com/. To register, select "Tickets" and sign up through Eventbrite. Shortly after you have registered, you will receive an email from Sched to plan your day at the Summit! Dress is business casual and masks are required.
BUILD YOUR SCHEDULE
Once you have registered through Eventbrite, you should receive an email from Sched. That email will look like this. Please check your junk/spam/clutter! You will log in or create an account with Sched to create a personalized schedule for your day by selecting the sessions you plan to attend. Please be sure to RSVP for lunch via Sched! You may also try to log in via the Sched page- https://ksuwibsummit.sched.com.
The Summit fee is $30. We do not want the fee to create a barrier for participation; if you or your students need assistance with paying for the conference, please let us know. We have received support from some of our generous donors who have made it possible for us to provide scholarships for the conference. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Have a promo code? This image shows where to enter your promo code at registration.
Scholarship information will be available when you check in at the Summit. We will have a short online application process and scholarships will be awarded at the closing reception.
Traveling for the Summit and interested in staying in Manhattan? There are many options nearby. Courtyard by Marriott, Bluemont Hotel, and Holiday Inn Campus are all across the street from K-State's campus!
Parking is available in the K-State parking garage at 706 N Martin Luther King Jr Drive, Manhattan, KS. Parking will be validated upon Summit check-in.
Registration for this event gives consent for photographs, publicity and inclusion on the participant list unless K-State Center for Principled Business is notified in writing prior to the start date. Please write email@example.com.
SPECIAL ASSISTANCE AND CONCERNS
For participants who need accommodations due to a disability, early notification is requested to ensure appropriate accommodations can be provided. If you have questions or need additional information regarding special assistance or administrative policies such as complaints and refunds, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
College of Business Administration
Center for Principled Business
Menard Family Director, Center for Principled Business
College of Business Administration
Kansas State University
3087 Business Building
1301 Lovers Lane
Manhattan, KS 66506