Menard Family Scholars Program
The mission of the Menard Family Scholars Program is to offer the premiere freshman business leadership development experience for high achieving students at Kansas State University’s College of Business.
Offered by the Center for Principled Business at the Kansas State University College of Business, the Menard Family Scholars Program engages outstanding freshman business students in a year-long, cohort-based program designed to foster leadership development, ethical decision making, and innovative thinking, while gaining technical knowledge and skills through rigorous coursework. Through industry learning trips, alumni connections, one-on-one mentoring, and other exclusive experiences, students will explore college leadership opportunities and career pathways in the business sector. Students will also work with top faculty members as they transition to college life, and benefit from early access to the College of Business Career Development Program, specialized advising, and career shadowing experiences. Students will gain personal, professional, and career skills, while building a peer and professional network with high achieving individuals.
During the Fall Semester, Scholars will enroll in three common courses:
- ENTRP340: Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- LEAD212: Introduction to Leadership Concepts
- GENBA195: Future Business Leaders (Exclusive Section)
During the Spring Semester, Scholars will enroll in:
- GENBA205: Career Accelerator (Exclusive Section)
- MANGT420: Principles of Management
Additional activities and travel opportunities will be scheduled throughout the academic year.
- ACT score of 28 or higher or SAT 1350 or higher
- Minimum GPA of 3.5
- Letter of Nomination from high school business teacher, outlining student potential, motivation, and other indicators for success in the Scholars program.
- Students must plan to major in Business at K-State
- Students will submit a resume and letter of interest outlining short-term (college) and long-term (professional) goals
- Students will participate in an interview process (in person or via Zoom videoconferencing)
- Maintain full-time status as a pre-business student (12 credit hours each semester)
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
The K-State College of Business will begin accepting applications for the 2021-2022 academic year in early 2021. Please contact Marcia Hornung, firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions about the program or application process.