Department of Management
|Office:||4026 Business Building|
|Mailing Address:||3091 Business Building|
1301 Lovers Lane
Manhattan, KS 66506
Hansin Bilgili’s research focuses on the structural, relational, and motivational aspects of networks in the domains of strategic leadership and corporate governance. His recent research examines the antecedents and consequences of network attributes (e.g., structural patterns and positions, relationship characteristics, actor attributes, etc.) and network dynamics within, between, and around the upper echelon of organizations. His research efforts are ultimately aimed at contributing to a socialized view of executive leadership and corporate governance.
Current Research Projects
- The role of peer compensation, institutional investor, and financial analyst networks in corporate governance, particularly in the context of CEO pay, firm strategy, and performance
- The influence of intercountry ties on cross-border acquisition completion
- The role of interpersonal affect and intrapersonal motivation in networks
- Main path analytic review of the corporate elite networks literature; reviews of board capital and strategic alliances literatures
- Published in the Academy of Management Review, Journal of Management Studies, Journal of World Business, and Oxford Bibliographies.
- Bilgili H, Campbell JT, O-Leary-Kelly A, Ellstrand AE, Johnson JL. The Final Countdown: CEO Regulatory Focus and Retirement as a Psychological Process. Academy of Management Review. In-press.
- Bilgili H, Campbell JT, Ellstrand AE, Johnson JL. 2017. Riding off into the Sunset: Organizational Sensegiving, Shareholder Sensemaking, and Reactions to CEO Retirement. Journal of Management Studies, 54(7): 1019–1049.
- Bilgili TV, Kedia BL, Bilgili H. 2016. Exploring the Influence of Resource Environments on Absorptive Capacity Development: The Case of Emerging Market Firms. Journal of World Business, 51(5): 700–712.
- Campbell J, Bilgili H. 2015. Strategic Leadership. Oxford Bibliographies in Management, doi: 10.1093/obo/9780199846740-0084.
- Granted a best paper proceedings award at the 75th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management
- Bilgili et al., 2015. Riding Off into the Sunset: Shareholder Reactions to CEO Retirement. Proceedings of the 75th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management.
- Granted outstanding reviewer awards in 2015, 2016, and 2018 by the STR (formerly BPS) division of the Academy of Management.
A member of the Editorial Review Board of the Academy of Management Review and a reviewer for the Strategic Management Journal, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Journal of Business Ethics, and Journal of Business Research.
Areas of Teaching
Ph D, University of Arkansas, 2017 Major: Business Administration
MBA, Colorado State University – Pueblo, 2009 Major: Business Administration
BABA, Uludag University, 2007 Major: Business Administration