Minor in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Entrepreneurship and innovation is a dynamic process of vision, change and disruption. Learn how to build entrepreneurial skills within your chosen degree program while enhancing your career success in any industry.
Entrepreneurship and innovation will serve you as an excellent foundation in any career path and powers the American and global economy through opportunity recognition, creativity and and new venture creation.
Kansas State University entrepreneurship students will develop the necessary skills to make innovative ideas become a reality, specifically by:
- Developing an understanding of the entrepreneurial process, from idea generation to the implementation of a new business or social venture.
- Gaining the ability to identify, research and analyze potential markets that would enhance value and profitability.
- Developing an understanding of the concept of risk and how its effect on new ventures can be minimized.
- Demonstrating the capacity to identify and acquire the resources needed for the creation and implementation of a new venture.
- Traditional entrepreneurship: Start a new for-profit venture.
- Franchising: Operate the right to distribute a company's products, techniques and trademarks for a percentage of gross monthly sales and a royalty fee.
- Family business: Start or continue a family-owned and operated business.
- Social entrepreneurship: Start new or develop a company with a social mission as its primary purpose.
- Corporate entrepreneurship: Develop new operations or products for existing corporations.
The Center for the Advancement of Entrepreneurship provides many opportunities for students to gain hands-on learning experience. These programs bridge the gap between academics and venture launch.
ENTRP 340 - Business Innovation and The Entrepreneurial Mindset
ENTRP 575 - Entrepreneurship and Innovation Capstone
Choose three of the following courses (9 credit hours) from either focus:
*Business majors select four courses (12 credit hours)
ENTRP 435 - The Entrepreneurial Experience
ENTRP 466 - Digital Business
ENTRP 520 - Social Entrepreneurship
FINAN 560 - Finance for Entrepreneurs
ENGL 455 - Exploring Creativity
ENTRP 350 - Technology and Innovation Management
ENTRP 411 - Intrapreneurship
ENTRP 540 - Entrepreneurial Consulting
Total credit hours: 15
Other Minor Requirements:
At least three of the five required courses must be completed at Kansas State University. Students must achieve a cumulative 2.50 GPA in the five required courses to complete the minor. Prior permission is required from the College of Business Administration to take a class at another institution. Course pre-requisites may apply. See University Undergraduate Course Catalog for details.