At the K-State College of Business, you will develop a well-rounded business education that is highly sought after by employers across the nation. You will find plenty of opportunities to connect with people who have also decided Kansas State is the right place to complete their business education. With the many transfer-friendly services and programs offered exclusively to transfer students, such as DirectLink, Jump Start, and personalized visits, the possibilities are endless.
For admission as a transfer student, you must meet both university requirements and College of Business requirements. You must indicate "Business" or one of our seven different majors on the university application as your desired field of study. There is no separate application for the College of Business.
Transfer students must have a cumulative college/university GPA of 2.5 or higher to be directly admitted into the College of Business.
Transfer Student Programs
DirectLink is a new initiative between Kansas community colleges and Kansas State University to provide community college students with additional support as they prepare to transition to the university. All business majors are included in the DirectLink program.
Students involved in DirectLink will receive a K-State Business academic advisor to help support them during their time at community college to ensure their classes will transfer effectively to their business degree.
The K-State College of Business’ Jump Start transfer program is designed to help students adjust to life at K-State while completing in advance coursework required for all business majors. Students will participate in a three-week program prior to classes starting in the fall semester.
Transfer students who have participated in the Jump Start transfer program have demonstrated a significantly higher first semester GPA compared to other transfer students.
A student who transfers to K-State from a Kansas public community college or technical college may be eligible for Reverse Transfer, a Kansas Board of Regents initiative, which allows the students who opt-in to the program, to receive an associate degree from that college while enrolled at K-State.
Transfer Student Campus Visit
With the College of Business, you will have a specialized experience when you visit our college as a transfer student. You will have the opportunity to visit with current business students, meet with an academic advisor to discuss your transfer credits and curriculum requirements, and tour our state-of-the-art business building.
Call 785-532-1521 to schedule your visit.
Step-By-Step Guide to transferring to the College of Business at Kansas State
1. See how your prior credits will transfer into Kansas State.
You can do this three ways:
- You can search by course using the Transfer Equivalency Page
- By using Pathways, a guide that prepares a sample academic plan for you as you transfer into the College of Business. Once you enter your transfer school, you will then choose a one of the Program of Interests or Majors within the College of Business:
- Request a transfer course evaluation from one of our Professional Advisors by filling out the Webform (please allow 7 business days receive the evaluation back).
2. Visit Campus!
3. Apply for admission to Kansas State University as a College of Business Student.
Allow about 15-30 minutes to complete the application. Check out the Transfer Admissions Page to find more information about requirements, important dates, deadlines.
4. Apply for the Jump Start Program if you are a summer or fall transfer.
The application will open on March 1, 2020. Space is limited and interested students must apply by July 1, 2020.
5. Attend Orientation and Enrollment for transfer students to enroll in classes with a College of Business Professional Advisor.
Transfer Orientation and Enrollment Days are offered in November and January for students starting in the spring semester and April, June, and August for students starting in the summer or fall semesters.
6. Join the Wildcat Family!