Department of Marketing
|Office:||2051 Business Building|
|Mailing Address:||2092 Business Building
1301 Lovers Lane
Manhattan, KS 66506
Doug Walker uses conditional process, choice, and other models to investigate marketing phenomena primarily in the areas of sales, public policy, and sports. Specific areas of interest include consumer socialization, antecedents and processes related to salesperson performance, and fantasy sports and sports gambling,; as well as methodological issues related to research.
- Published in the Journal of the Academy of Marketing Sciences, Industrial Marketing Management, Journal of Public Policy and Marketing, Journal of Consumer Affairs, and others.
- Multiple winner of college-wide teaching awards at both Kansas State University and Iowa State University.
- Founded the Sports Marketing Speaker Series which has featured marketing executives from major sports organizations including the Kansas City Chiefs, Kansas City Royals, Oklahoma City Thunder, Sporting KC, Kansas City Sports Commission, K-State Athletics, New Orleans Saints, New Jersey Devils, USA Triathlon, and New Orleans Pelicans.
- Founded the college-wide Sports Marketing Analytics Contest.
- Co-founded the Business of Sports & Entertainment Certificate Program.
Areas of Teaching
Marketing Analytics, Customer Relationship Management, and Sports Marketing
Ph D, University of Houston
MBA, University of Houston
BBA, Kansas State University
Major: Marketing & Finance