Associate Professor, Department of Finance
Director, Gates Capital Management Center for Financial Analysis
||3004 Business Building
||2097 Business Building
1301 Lovers Lane
Manhattan, KS 66506
Sabuhi Sardarli studies issues in empirical corporate finance, defined contribution retirement plans, and mutual funds.
- Finance Advisory Board Faculty Fellowship – KSU College of Business, 2017-2021
- Phillips 66 Faculty Fellowship – KSU College of Business, 2018-2021
- Editorial Board Best Paper Award – Financial Review, 2020
- Ralph E. Reitz Outstanding Teaching Award – KSU College of Business, 2018
- Developing Scholar Research Award – KSU College of Business, 2017
- Outstanding Article – Journal of Financial Research, 2016
- College of Business Outstanding Faculty – KSU Mortar Board Honor Society, 2015
- In The Press: The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Pensions & Investments, Ignites (Financial Times), USA Today, Yahoo News, MarketWatch.com
“Corporate Tax Avoidance and Mutual Fund Ownership” (with T. Doellman, F. Huseynov, and T. Nasser), 2020, Accounting and Business Research, Vol 50, 608-635.
“Bank Earnings Management and Analyst Coverage: Evidence from Loan Loss Provisions” (with Y. Hong, F. Huseynov, and W. Zhang), 2020, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Vol 55, 29-54.
"Alphabeticity Bias in 401(k) Investing" (with T. Doellman, J. Itzkowitz, J. Itzkowitz), 2019, Financial Review, Vol 54 (4). 643-677.
"Corporate Tax Avoidance and Financial Constraints" (with O. Bayar, F. Huseynov), 2018, Financial Management, 47, 651-677.
"Does Index Additions Affect Corporate Tax Avoidance?" (with F. Huseynov, W. Zhang), 2017, Journal of Corporate Finance, 43, 241-259.
"Tailored versus Mass Produced: Portfolio Managers Concurrently Managing Separately Managed Accounts and Mutual Funds" (with F. Chen, L-W. Chen, H. Johnson), 2017, Financial Review, 52 (4), 531-561.
"An Investigation of Administrative Fees in Defined Contribution Plans" (with T. Doellman), 2016, Financial Analyst Journal, 72 (2), 41-51.
- "Investment Fees, Net Returns, and Conflicts of Interest in 401(k) Plans" (with T. Doellman), 2016, Journal of Financial Research, 39 (1), 5-33
Areas of Teaching
Advanced Portfolio Management, Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Finance, Investments, Cases in Finance
Ph D, University of Florida, 2013.
MBA, University of Missouri, 2006.
BBA, Pittsburg State University, 2005.
Majors: Economics, Management