Director - Center for Financial Analysis
Phillips 66 Faculty Fellow
Department of Finance
|Office:||3004 Business Building|
|Mailing Address:||2097 Business Building
1301 Lovers Lane
Manhattan, KS 66506
Sabuhi Sardarli studies issues in empirical corporate finance, defined contribution retirement plans, and mutual funds.
- Finance Advisory Board Faculty Fellowship – KSU College of Business, 2017, 2019
- Phillips 66 Faculty Fellowship – KSU College of Business, 2018
- Ralph E. Reitz Outstanding Teaching Award – KSU College of Business, 2018
- Developing Scholar Research Award – KSU College of Business, 2017
- Outstanding Article, Journal of Financial Research, 2016
- College of Business Outstanding Faculty – KSU Mortar Board Honor Society, 2015
- In The Press: The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Pensions & Investments, Ignites (Financial Times), USA Today, Yahoo News, MarketWatch.com
- ”Corporate Tax Avoidance and Mutual Fund Ownership?” (with T. Doellman, F. Huseynov, T. Nasser), 2020, Accounting and Business Research, forthcoming.
- ”Alphabeticity Bias in 401(k) Investing” (with T. Doellman, J. Itzkowitz, J. Itzkowitz), 2019, Financial Review, Vol 54(4), 643-677.
- ”Bank Earnings Management and Analyst Coverage: Evidence from Loan Loss Provisions” (with Y. Hong, F. Huseynov, W. Zhang), 2018, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, forthcoming.
- "Corporate Tax Avoidance and Financial Constraints" (with O. Bayar, F. Huseynov), 2018, Financial Management, 47, 651-677.
- "Does Index Additions Affect Corporate Tax Avoidance?" (with F. Huseynov, W. Zhang), 2017, Journal of Corporate Finance, 43, 241-259.
- "Tailored versus Mass Produced: Portfolio Managers Concurrently Managing Separately Managed Accounts and Mutual Funds" (with F. Chen, L-W. Chen, H. Johnson), 2017, Financial Review, 52 (4), 531-561.
- "An Investigation of Administrative Fees in Defined Contribution Plans" (with T. Doellman), 2016, Financial Analyst Journal, 72 (2), 41-51.
- "Investment Fees, Net Returns, and Conflicts of Interest in 401(k) Plans" (with T. Doellman), 2016, Journal of Financial Research, 39 (1), 5-33
Areas of Teaching
Cases in Finance, Corporate Finance, Investments, International Finance
Ph D, University of Florida, 2013.
MBA, University of Missouri, 2006.
BBA, Pittsburg State University, 2005.
Majors: Economics, Management