CBA Faculty Fellow
Department of Management
|Office:||3061 Business Building|
|Mailing Address:||3091 Business Building
1301 Lovers Lane
Manhattan, KS 66506
Ike Ehie studies manufacturing strategies in developing countries with the goal of establishing best practices that would enable companies to improve their business performance. More specifically, looks at how manufacturing competitive capabilities (quality, delivery, flexibility, and low cost) are developed to enhance manufacturing competitiveness. Also examines the role and adoption of operational technologies (i.e the Internet of Things) in leveraging supply chain performance.
Current Research & Consulting Projects
- Investigate the competitive progression theory and how it affects supply chain performance in light of investment strategies
- Investigate the role of Internet of Things (IoT) in improving operational effectiveness in supply chain
- Examine the progression of competitive capabilities among manufacturing firms in developing countries
- Consulted with manufacturing companies in Nigeria on ways to improve their competitiveness. Companies include Honeywell Flour Mill, Dunlop Manufacturing Nigeria, Berger Paints, etc.
- Published in European Journal of Operational Research, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, Omega, etc.
- Founding Associated Editor – International Journal of Agile Systems and Management
- External Reviewer for faculty promotion documents – Associate and Full professors
- President, Manhattan Rotary Club (2012-2013).
Areas of Teaching
Quantitative Management, Operations Management, Project Management, Supply Chain Management
Ph D, University of Missouri, Rolla, 1989.
Major: Engineering Management
Supporting Areas of Emphasis: Operations Management
MBA, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, Illinois, 1984.
Major: Operations Research
MS, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, Illinois, 1983.
Major: Mining Engineering
BS, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, Illinois, 1981.
Major: Mechanical Engineering