Bongsug (Kevin) Chae
Department of Management
Jon Wefald Chair in Business
|Office:||3007 Business Building|
|Mailing Address:||3091 Business Building
1301 Lovers Lane
Manhattan, KS 66506
Bongsug Chae studies the use of big data and data analytics techniques for different industry problems, including digital innovation, supply chain, and marketing. His research utilizes big data from social media and advanced computational algorithms and techniques to uncover hidden structure from data. He is also interested in educating "big data" analysts/scientists.
Current Research & Consulting Projects
- The use of social media & big data analytics in supply chain
- The use of probabilistic topic modeling in business & social science (e.g., corporate social responsibility)
- Examining the benefits of big data and data analytics on firm performance
- The use of text/network analytics in studying digital innovation
- The use of social network analysis for business & social science research
- Have worked for and consulted with a variety of organizations in business intelligence, supply chain analytics, and data science.
- Published in Decision Support Systems, IT Professional, Supply Chain Management Review, Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, ...
- Awards: The Kansas State Bank Teaching Excellence Award, The Ralph Reitz Teaching Award, College Research Award, Amazon Educational Grant
- Editorial board member: Information Resources Management Journal, International Journal of Business Analytics, Journal of Cases on Information Technology
- "Exploring public space through social media: an exploratory case study on the High Line New York City", URBAN DESIGN International
- "Using Twitter Data for Cruise Tourism Marketing and Research", Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing
- "Big Data and IT-Enabled Services: Ecosystem and (Co)Evolution", IT Professional
- "Insights from Hashtag #supplychain and Twitter Analytics: Considering Twitter and Twitter Data for Supply Chain Practice and Research", International Journal of Production Economics
- "The Impact of Supply Chain Analytics on Operational Performance: A Resource-Based View", International Journal of Production Research
- "A Complexity Theory Approach to IT-Enabled Services (IESs) and Service Innovation: Business Analytics as an Illustration of IES", Decision Support Systems
- "Business Analytics for Supply Chain: A Dynamic-Capabilities Framework" International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making
- "An Evolutionary Framework for Service Innovation: Insights of Complexity Theory for Service Science" International Journal of Production Economics
- "Supply Chain Management Six Sigma: A Management Innovation Methodology at the Samsung Group", Supply Chain Management: An International Journal
Areas of Teaching
Data Analytics, Social Media Analytics & Text Ming, Big Data, Information Technology, Supply Chain.
Ph.D., Texas A&M University