CBA Director of Research
Mark R. Truitt Professorship
Department of Management
|Office:||4031 Business Building|
|Mailing Address:||3091 Business Building
1301 Lovers Lane
Manhattan, KS 66506
Jim Bloodgood examines the effect of various firm and external environmental factors on firm performance and legitimacy. His goal is to identify actions new ventures and existing firms can take to enhance their performance. Specific areas of interest include how firms manage their knowledge resources and what strategies they can use to enhance their legitimacy in the eyes of stakeholders.
Current Research and Consulting Projects
- Understanding how various methods of knowledge creation, transfer, and protection influence firm performance.
- Identifying the advantages and disadvantages of being similar to or different from competitors.
- Identifying strategies for increasing new venture legitimacy in low and high technology industries.
- Has worked for and consulted with a variety of organizations in product and process manufacturing. Primarily in accounting and strategic capacities.
- Published in Academy of Management Review, Journal of Management, Journal of Marketing ...
- Awards: CBA Research and teaching awards
- Editorial board member: Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal
- President, Kansas State University Faculty Senate (2012-2013)
Areas of Teaching
Business Strategy, Business Ethics and Corporate Citizenship, Entrepreneurship
Ph D, University of South Carolina, 1997.
MS, GMI Engineering & Management Institute, 1989.
Major: Manufacturing Management
BS, Indiana University, 1984.