Department of Finance
|Office:||3004 Business Building|
|Mailing Address:||2097 Business Building|
1301 Lovers Lane
Manhattan, KS 66506
Current Research & Consulting Projects
- Identify issues in design and management of defined contribution retirement plans and mutual funds
- Understand the impact of corporate tax avoidance on institutional investments
- 2017 Finance Advisory Board Faculty Fellowship – KSU College of Business Administration
- 2017 Developing Scholar Research Award – KSU College of Business Administration
- 2016 Outstanding Article – Journal of Financial Research
- 2015 College of Business Administration Outstanding Faculty – KSU Mortar Board Senior Honor Society
- "Corporate Tax Avoidance and Financial Constraints" (with O. Bayar, F. Huseynov), 2017, Financial Management, forthcoming.
- "Tailored versus Mass Produced: Portfolio Managers Concurrently Managing Separately Managed Accounts and Mutual Funds" (with F. Chen, L-W. Chen, H. Johnson), Financial Review, 2017, Vol 52 (4), 531-561.
- "Does Index Additions Affect Corporate Tax Avoidance?" (with F. Huseynov, W. Zhang), 2017, Journal of Corporate Finance, Vol 43, 241-259.
- "An Investigation of Administrative Fees in Defined Contribution Plans" (with T. Doellman), 2016, Financial Analyst Journal, Vol 72 (2), 41-51.
- “Investment Fees, Net Returns, and Conflicts of Interest in 401(k) Plans" (with T. Doellman), 2016, Journal of Financial Research, Vol 39 (1), 5-33 (Lead article)
Areas of Teaching
Cases in Finance, Corporate Finance, Investments, International Finance
MBA, University of Missouri, 2006.
BBA, Pittsburg State University, 2005.
Majors: Economics, Management