The Excellence in Teaching Initiative
The primary mission of The Excellence in Teaching Initiative will be to enhance the quality of teaching within the College of Business Administration. It is meant to enhance rather than replace the centralized teaching resources available at the university level by providing a faculty development resource that is convenient and tailored for business faculty.
Goals of The Excellence in Teaching Initiative
1. To signal to faculty the importance of quality teaching within the tripartite mission of teaching, research and service.
2. To create an environment where faculty across functional areas (accounting, entrepreneurship, finance, information systems, management, and marketing) can share common teaching interests and concerns.
3. To contribute to the creation of a culture where the scholarship of teaching is valued and appreciated.
4. To assist in the socialization of new faculty by providing an open forum where both new and established faculty can meet and actively interact.
5. To provide tangible evidence of continuous improvement efforts in teaching for AACSB accreditation purposes.
College of Business Administration