Major in Professional Strategic Selling
The Major in Professional Strategic Selling (PSS) focuses on the business skills needed to be successful in a sales career. Students will take a full range of coursework aimed at developing their selling skills, thereby fully preparing these students for the realities of the sales role. The curriculum places great emphasis on the use of role plays to prepare students. Through role-playing, students can apply the theoretical lessons learned within the classroom and subsequently apply them. With repeated practice, students develop the skills needed to be successful sales professionals.
Students will take the following coursework according to the PSS Curriculum Guide (pdf) to complete the Major in PSS. Interested students should complete the application for admission, meeting the admission criteria below.
What are the course requirements?
The Major in Professional Strategic Selling requires 120 credit hours.
BAPP Requirements: 45 hours
Major Field Requirements: 18 hours
- MKTG 499: Sales Practicum (3)
- MKTG 542: Fundamentals of Professional Selling (3)
- MKTG 550: Business Marketing (3)
- MKTG 560: Sales Force Leadership (3)
- MKTG 565: Customer Relationship Management (3)
- MKTG 570: Advanced Selling (3)
Major Field Electives: 9 hours
- MKTG 496: International Business Development (3)
- MKTG 496: Relationship Marketing (3)
- MKTG 545: Marketing Channels (3)
- MKTG 561: Sales Negotiation (3)
- MKTG 562: Key Account Management (3)
- MKTG 563: Cooperation Selling (3)
- MKTG 580: Marketing Analytics Fundamentals (3)
- MKTG 581: Application of Marketing Analytics (3)
Econ Electives: 3 hours
- Econ 510+
Unrestricted Electives: 15 hours
- any course offered by the University 100 level or above
Students must apply and be admitted to the program, submitting a completed application form, resume, and unofficial transcript.
- A completed application form, including a resume, an unofficial transcript, and a LinkedIn profile.
- Reference assessment from one K-State faculty member; faculty member ranks candidates on academics and work ethic.
- Resume and LinkedIn profile demonstrating the characteristics that support a sales career and a passion for sales.
Other admission requirements:
- Completed 45 - 60 credit hours.
- Minimum 2.50 cumulative K-State GPA.
- Admission through a separate application process.
Note: Transfer GPA will not be considered in determining eligibility to enter a major. Only the K-State GPA is applicable. However, ALL hours (K-State and any transfer hours) are included in the 45 - 60 credit hours.
Applications for admission will be processed twice a year.
- The fall semester deadline is October 1.
- The spring semester deadline is March 1.
Students will be contacted directly if further information is needed. Applicants will be notified by email on the status of their application before the semester term ends.
If you have any questions regarding the Major in Professional Strategic Selling, please contact Kellie Jackson, Program Associate, at 785-532-2783.