Certificate in Professional Strategic Selling
The purpose of the Certificate in Professional Strategic Selling is to provide an opportunity for Kansas State University students to prepare for a career in sales. The certificate introduces students to the fundamentals of sales and allows them to develop the skills necessary to be successful through our innovative curriculum and sales labs.
The certificate is open to students in all majors within the University. Students will learn about sales positions in many different fields, and a sales certificate would be a great addition to any major!
Interested students should complete the application for admission, meeting the admission and application criteria below.
Core Courses (12 hours)
- MKTG 400: Introduction to Marketing (3)
- MKTG 542: Fundamentals of Professional Selling (3)
- MKTG 560: Sales Force Leadership (3)
- MKTG 570: Advanced Selling (3)
Elective Courses (3 hours)
- COMM 321: Public Speaking II (3)
- COMM 322: Interpersonal Communication (3)
- COMM 323: Nonverbal Communication (3)
- COMM 526: Persuasion (3)
- HM 424: Hospitality Sales and Promotion
- MANGT 662: Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Design (3)
- MKTG 496: International Business Development (3)
- MKTG 496: Relationship Marketing (3)
- MKTG 499: Sales Practicum (3)
- MKTG 550: Business Marketing (3)
- MKTG 561: Sales Negotiation (3)
- MKTG 562: Key Account Management (3)
- MKTG 563: Cooperation Selling (3)
- MKTG 565: Customer Relationship Management (3)
- PFP 756: Financial Counseling (3)
Admission and Application
Admission into the Certificate in Professional Strategic Selling is competitive and requires a minimum 2.50 cumulative Kansas State University grade point average. Students must earn a minimum 2.50 grade point average on courses taken to fulfill the requirements of the Certificate in Professional Strategic Selling.
Applications for admission will be processed twice a year.
- The fall semester deadline is October 1.
- The spring semester deadline is March 1.
- Applications are not considered complete until your application, resume, and unofficial transcript are on file and your LinkedIn Profile is confirmed.
- Students must have a LinkedIn Profile, with a professional photo, to be considered for the Certificate in Professional Strategic Selling.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
After reviewing of applications an interview may be required. Students will be contacted directly if further information is needed. Applicants will be notified by email on the status of their application before the semester term ends
If you have any questions regarding the Certificate in Professional Strategic Selling, please contact Kellie Jackson, Managing Director, at 785-532-2783.