Department of Management
|Office:||2053 Business Building|
|Mailing Address:||3091 Business Building
1301 Lovers Lane
Manhattan, KS 66506
Dr. Chilton is actively engaged in three research streams: 1) the use of technology in monitoring cattle. This is a joint project with researchers in the Kansas State College of Veterinary Medicine; 2) the adoption and use of networks of smart devices that communicate to monitor and control processes or the “Internet of Things,” and 3) the effects of moving to a teaching/learning model in the MIS curriculum that utilizes a studio concept instead of the traditional classroom lecture format.
Current Research & Consulting Projects
- The analysis of data transmitted by animal monitors for cattle-on-feed to detect its state of health
- Formulating an adoption and use model for the “Internet of Things”
- Formulating a new curriculum model for MIS students that places a much greater emphasis on practice
- Received a $25,000 grant from ConocoPhillips to support research
- Published in the Journal of Management Information Systems, the Database for Advances in Information Systems, the International Journal of Knowledge Management, and others
- Edited a compendium in book form on knowledge management with contributions from 22 authors world wide
- Member of the editorial board for the Journal of Computer Information Systems (JCIS)
- Facutly advisor to the MIS Club, which annually awards $6,000 in student scholarships to its members, schedules field trips to several firms twice per year and hosts an annual career social with 12 – 15 employers
- Member of the Association of Information Systems (AIS)
- Member of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Member of the MIS Advisory Board
Areas of Teaching
Business Data Systems, Computer Networking
Ph D, University of Arkansas, 2001.
MBA, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1990.
Supporting Areas of Emphasis: MIS
BS, University of Missouri, 1975.
Major: Electrical Engineering