"Congratulations on your graduation!
Much is made today about the value of a college education. According to research by the federal government, the economic value of a college education can be measured as follows: “… a high school graduate can expect, on average, to earn $1.2 million over their lifetime; those with a bachelor’s degree $2.1 million; and people with a master’s degree $2.5 million.”
But more important than increased earning power, is the intrinsic value of a college education. Indeed, the ability to think critically, communicate clearly, work with those of differing perspectives, and have a larger world view are all critical components of a college education. In college you begin to build a professional network, attain transferable skills, incorporate professionalism and a work ethic into your character, and learn how to integrate knowledge from different areas.
As you accept your diploma at the commencement exercise, I hope you will reflect on your impressive accomplishment of obtaining a college degree from Kansas State University’s College of Business. Our hope is that we have provided you with a clear path to success regardless of the career you choose. As an alumni of the College of Business, we want you to be engaged and involved with us and help us to educate the next generation of business leaders. Congratulations on your success."
- Kevin Gwinner, Edgerley Family Dean
Kansas State University and College of Business Administration Degree Requirements
- Graduation Checklist (pdf)
- Applying for Graduation
- Diploma Information
- General Information
- ASSEMBLY ORDER — You will assemble in alphabetical order within degree groups. Your college marshal will direct the formation of the processional march. Additionally, the marshal will give you a name card, which you will present to the commencement reader at the stage. Refer to your assembly place and time listed in Section I.
- PERSONAL ITEMS — There is no checking area for personal items. Leave all valuables (purses, wallets, cameras etc.) at home, in the trunk of your car or with a trusted member of the audience.
- CANCELLATION – If weather conditions make driving conditions hazardous around the Manhattan area, a cancellation notice will be provided to radio and television stations across the state.
- All degree candidates participating in commencement ceremonies will wear academic apparel. On campus, academic apparel may be purchased or rented from the K-State Campus Store.
- Bachelor Candidates participating in commencement exercises will wear a cap, gown and tassel. These items are purchased through the K-State Campus Store. Go to the K-State Campus Store in the Student Union to purchase your cap and gown or orders can be placed online at www.k-statecampusstore.com click on the graduation tab.
- IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS PROCESS, PLEASE CONTACT THE CAMPUS STORE STAFF, THEY WILL BE GLAD TO HELP YOU. The campus store phone number is 785-532-6583.
- Traditionally, graduation regalia is not ornamented. Wearing of corsages, boutonnieres or any other ornamentation is not appropriate to academic protocol.
- Tassel placement: place tassel on right side of mortar board. Following conferral of degree, place tassel on left side
- Mortar boards: wear it squarely on top of the head, board parallel to the floor; not cocked to the sides, forward or back.
- Honor cords: the cords are attached to the gown on the wearer's left shoulder. They are distributed by the deans' offices to qualified degree candidates.
- General Information