Koch Industries Director - Master of Accountancy
Department of Accounting
|Office:||2147 Business Building|
|Mailing Address:||2139 Business Building|
1301 Lovers Lane
Manhattan, KS 66506
- Bathke, A.W., T.W. Mason, and R.M. Morton. (2018). “Post-Earnings Announcement Reversals and Market Perceptions of Earnings Correlation,” Contemporary Accounting Research, Forthcoming.
- Bryan, D. B., T.W. Mason, and K. J. Reynolds. (2018). “Earnings Autocorrelation, Earnings Volatility, and Audit Fees” Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory, August 2018, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 47-69.
- Mason, T. W., and J. J. Morris (2017). “The Impact of Organizational Slack and Lag Time on Economic Productivity: The Case of ERP Systems,” International Journal of Enterprise Information Systems, volume 13, pp. 36-50.
- Ugrin, J., T.W. Mason, and A. Emley. (2017). “Culture’s Consequence: The Relationship Between Cultural Dimensions and Income-Increasing Earnings Management After IFRS Adoption in the European Union,” Advances in Accounting, volume 37, pp. 140-151.
- Bryan, David B. and T.W. Mason. (2017). “Executive Tournament Incentives and Audit Fees,” Advances in Accounting, volume 37, pp. 30-45.
- Bryan, David B. and T.W. Mason. (2016). “Extreme CEO Pay Cuts and Audit Fees.” Advances in Accounting, volume 33, pp. 1-10.
- Bryan, David B. and T.W. Mason. (2016). “The Influence of Earnings Management Conducted Through the Use of Accretive Stock Repurchases on Audit Fees,” Advances in Accounting, volume 34, pp. 99-109.
Current Research Projects
- “The Economic Effects of Earnings Management Pre- and Post-SOX.” with Rick Morton.
- “Earnings Volatility and Auditor Risk Assessments: Evidence from Auditor Resignations” with Dave Bryan.
- “Independent Director Reputation Incentives and Audit Fees” with Dave Bryan.
- “Financial Analyst Forecasts for Seasonal Random Walk Firms with Allen W. Bathke, Jr. and Richard M. Morton.
- “Security Market Perceptions of Nonseasonal Firms” with Allen W. Bathke, Jr. and Richard M. Morton.
- “CEO Turnovers and Earnings Management Pre- and Post-SOX” with Rick Morton and Landon Mauler.
- “IFRS, Culture, and Conservatism” with Joe Ugrin and Dave Bryan
- “IFRS, Culture, and Financial Reporting Quality with Joe Ugrin and Dave Bryan
Areas of Teaching
Financial Reporting, Accounting Research and Communication, Financial Statement Analysis and Firm Valuation
Major: Corporate Accounting