Dr. Esther Swilley
Interim Department Head
L.L. McAninch Chair in Business Administration
Department of Marketing
|Office:||2093 Business Building|
|Mailing Address:||2092 Business Building|
1301 Lovers Lane
Manhattan, KS 66506
Current Research & Consulting Projects
- Effect of Disruptions on Mobile Marketing Efforts
- Social Media, Traditional Media and their Effects on the Stock Market
- Understanding the Mobile Consumer
- Marketing Technology to Women
- Blog, Pin and Online Review Effects on Advertising Attitudes and Purchase Intentions
- Girls’ Choices in Education and Career: The Negative Impact of Toy Marketing
- Product development manager for major telecommunications company
- Account executive for several companies
- Internet Marketing Manager
- Swilley, Esther (2016), MOBILE COMMERCE: How it Contrasts, Challenges and Enhances Electronic Commerce, Business Expert Press
- Swilley, Esther, Leisa Reinecke Flynn and Kelly Cowart (2014) "An Examination of Regifting Behavior," Journal of Consumer Behavior 13 (4) 251-261
- Bacile, Todd, Christine Ye and Esther Swilley (2014), "From Firm-Controlled to Consumer-Contributed: Consumer Co-Production of Personal Media Marketing Communication" Journal of Interactive Marketing 28 (2) 117-133
- Swilley, Esther and Ronald E. Goldsmith (2013), "Black Friday versus Cyber Monday: Understanding Consumer Intentions on Two Major Shopping Days," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services 20 (1) 43-50.
- Swilley, Esther (2012), "Aesthetic Technology: Scale Development and Measurement," International Journal of Technology Marketing 7 (3) 324-341.
- Giunipero, Larry, Edward Ramirez and Esther Swilley (2012), "The Antecedents and Consequences of E-Purchasing Tools Usage in Supply Chain Management," Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice 20 (3) 279-292.
- Swilley, Esther, Charles F. Hofacker and Bruce T. Lamont (2012), "The Evolution from E-Commerce to M-Commerce: Pressures, Firm Capabilities and Competitive Advantage in Strategic Decision Making," International Journal of E-Business Research 8 (1) 1-16.
- Swilley, Esther (2010), "Technology Rejection: The Case of the Wallet Phone," Journal of Consumer Marketing, 27 (Summer/Fall) 304-312.
Areas of Teaching
Ph D, Florida State University, 2007.
Supporting Areas of Emphasis: Strategic Management
MBA, Kennesaw State University, 2002.
BA, Wayne State University, 1979.
Major: Mass Communications
Supporting Areas of Emphasis: Life Sciences