Dr. Chwen Sheu
Associate Dean for Academic Programs
Paul Edgerley Chair in Business Administration
Faculty of Distinction
Department of Management
|Office:||2004 Business Building|
|Mailing Address:||3091 Business Building|
1301 Lovers Lane
Manhattan, KS 66506
Chwen Sheu studies supply chain management from the aspects of globalization and business intelligence. His primary research goal is to examine and understand the influence of national differences (e.g., culture and economic development) and the use of data analytics in supply chain practices, including manufacturing sustainability, supplier management, outsourcing, supply chain risk management, etc.
Current Research & Consulting Projects
- Current international practices of manufacturing sustainability. Examine the approaches and performance of practicing triple-bottom line in more than 600 manufacturing plants from 12 countries.
- Supplier governance and manufacturing competitiveness. Examine the differences, between developed and emerging economies, in applying various supplier governance mechanisms for improving outsourcing performance.
- Social media and supply chain analytics. Examine current uses and potential capabilities of social media applications within the context of several supply chain management issues, including risk management and supplier management.
- Consulting: Centralized Supply Chain Services (CSCS), Kansas City. Examine the current food supply chain sustainability practices and trends, develop a supplier risk management framework, offer suggestions in the application of supply chain analytics.
- Have worked with numerous companies (CSCS, Boeing, Westar Energy, Motorola, China Mobile) in projects and training in the areas of supply chain management, project management, continuous improvement, and Theory of Contraints (TOC).
- VP, Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP), Kansas City Chapter.
- VP, Global Manufacturing Research Group (GMRG), www.gmrg.org
- Published in Production and Operations Management Journal, Decision Sciences, Journal of Supply Chain Management, International Journal of Production Research, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, OMEGA, International Journal of Production Economics, IEEE Transactions - Engineering Management, Journal of Cleaner Production, Tourism Management, International Journal of Technology Management, Technovation, Computer and Industrial Engineering, Asia-Pacific Journal of Quality Management, International Journal of Quality and Reliability
Areas of Teaching
Ph D, Ohio State University, 1990.
Major: Operations Management
Supporting Areas of Emphasis: MIS
MS, Iowa State University, 1985.
BS, National Chung-Hsing University, 1978.