Department of Finance
|Office:||3006 Business Building|
|Mailing Address:||2097 Business Building|
1301 Lovers Lane
Manhattan, KS 66506
Current Research & Consulting Projects
- Ansley Chua and Tareque Nasser, Insider Sales in IPOs: Consequences of Liquidity Needs
- Ansley Chua, R. Jared DeLisle and Tareque Nasser, Investors and Choice Overload: Evidence from IPOs
- Anup Agrawal and Tareque Nasser, Blockholders on Boards and CEO Compensation, Turnover and Firm Valuation.
- Anup Agrawal and Tareque Nasser, Corporate Financial and Investment Policies in the Presence of a Blockholder on the Board.
- James Ligon, Tareque Nasser and Rustin T. Yerkes, Insider Trading in TARP Firms
- Recent Publications
- Jin Jeon, Cheolwoo Lee, Tareque Nasser and Tony Via, 2015, Multiple Lead Underwriter IPOs and Firm Visibility, Journal of Corporate Finance 32, 128-149.
- Anup Agrawal and Tareque Nasser, 2012, Insider Trading in Takeover Targets, Journal of Corporate Finance 18, 598-625.
- Media Appearances
- An Insider Trading Loophole Congress Didn’t Close, Jack Hough, SmartMoney, March 22, 2012. (Also reported in Yahoo! Finance)
- Insider Trading in Takeover Targets, Blog, Harvard Law School Corporate Governance Forum, 2012.
- Book Chapters
- Tareque Nasser and Benton E. Gup, 2008, Insider Trading and Large Chapter 11 Bankruptcies: 1995 – 2006, in George Kaufman and Robert Bliss, eds.: Current Issues in Financial Markets. (Palgrave Macmillan, New York, NY).
- Tareque Nasser and Benton E. Gup, 2007, Bank Mergers and Insider Trading, in Benton E. Gup ed.: Corporate Governance in Banking: A Global Perspective. (Edward Elgar, Northampton, MA).
- Ad-Hoc Journal Referee
- Financial Management
- Financial Review (2)
- International Review of Finance
- Journal of Corporate Finance (2)
- Journal of Economics and Business
- Journal of Empirical Finance
- Review of Financial Studies
- Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting
- Paper Preserntation at Selected Conferences
- American Finance Association (2)
- Western Finance Association (1)
- Financial Management Association (6)
- Financial Intermediation Research Society (3)
- Conference on Empirical Legal Studies (4)
- American Law and Economics Association (3)
- Served on Financial Management Association’s conferenc program committees
- Chaired and discussed paper at numerous finance conferences
- PhD dissertation committee: Haydory Akbar Ahmed, Department of Economics, Kansas State University
- Undergraduate research advising: Minh T. Mac, Larissa Liggett
Areas of Teaching
Corporate Finance, Investments, Money and Capital Markets, Financial Institutions, Entrepreneurial Finance
MComm, University of Wollongong, Australia, 1997.
BBA, Assumption University, Thailand, 1994.