Bongsug (Kevin) Chae
Department of Management
Robert F. Hagans Chair in Business
o. 101A Calvin Hall
Bongsug Chae studies the use of big data and data analytics techniques and methods for a variety of business problems, including digital innovation, supply chain management, marketing, tourism and hospitality management, finance, and others. His research utilizes big data from social media and advanced computational algorithms and techniques to extract business intelligence. He is also interested in educating “big data” analysts/scientists.
Current Research & Consulting Projects
- Predicting customer/donor responses on marketing or fund raising campaigns
- Exploring big data and data analytics for supply chain management research and practice
- Identifying the role and use of big data and data analytics techniques and methods for research and practice in tourism & hospitality management, architecture design, and other business domains
- Examining the benefits of big data and data analytics on firm performance
- Have worked for and consulted with a variety of organizations in business intelligence, supply chain analytics, and data science.
- Published in Decision Support Systems, IT Professional, Supply Chain Management Review, Supply Chain Management: An International Journal, …
- Awards: CBA Research and teaching awards, Amazon Educational Grant, Best Paper Award (PDSI)
- Editorial board member: Information Resources Management Journal, International Journal of Business Analytics, International Journal of E-Adoption, Journal of Cases on Information Technology
- “Using Twitter Data for Cruise Tourism Marketing and Research”, Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing
- “Big Data and IT-Enabled Services: Ecosystem and (Co)Evolution”, IT Professional
- “Insights from Hashtag #supplychain and Twitter Analytics: Considering Twitter and Twitter Data for Supply Chain Practice and Research”, International Journal of Production Economics
- “A Complexity Theory Approach to IT-Enabled Services (IESs) and Service Innovation: Business Analytics as an Illustration of IES”, Decision Support Systems
- “Supply Chain Management Six Sigma: A Management Innovation Methodology at the Samsung Group”, Supply Chain Management: An International Journal
Areas of Teaching
Business Analytics, Data Mining, Social Media Analytics & Text Ming, Big Data, Supply Chain & Operations Management, Information Technology.
Ph.D., Texas A&M University