Sports Marketing Analytics Contest
The MKTG630: Sports Marketing class invites all College of Business Administration (CBA) students to compete for $3000 worth of prize money in the inaugural Sports Marketing Analytics Contest. This contest is for ALL students in the CBA – each of you already knows enough to produce an entry – let us show you how!
The task will be to identify season ticket holders that will not renew their tickets for next season. This is a classic sports marketing problem, but also applicable to all businesses. ALL businesses care about retaining their customers, so why not develop an analytical skill that we know ALL businesses will value?
Don’t wait to register your team of 1-4 members into one of four categories:
- Undergraduate Marketing (ALL team members must be undergraduate students majoring in Marketing)
- Undergraduate Open (ALL team members must be CBA undergraduate students, teams consisting of all undergraduate Marketing majors may choose to compete in this category if desired)
- Graduate (ALL team members must be CBA graduate students)
- Faculty (ALL team members must be CBA faculty members)
Teams entered into each student category will compete for prizes as follows:
- $400 for 1st place in each category
- $200 for 2nd place
- $100 for 3rd place
- $50 for 4th place
Additional cash awards will be earned for the “Best of Show” combining all three student categories, with the same dollar amounts awarded based on the overall place as shown above.
Don’t see yourself as an analyst? Don’t worry! All of you already know enough to produce an entry. But for those of you that want to really compete, training opportunities will be available – look for details once you register.
The registration deadline is Friday, April 6, but you don’t want to wait until then – learn all of the details and get started by registering now!
Need more details before you register?