Business Executive Mentor Program
The Kansas State University Business Executive Mentor Program provides students with the opportunity to learn from highly successful and experienced executives by forging long-lasting, professional relationships.
Our executive mentors are individuals with at least 7 years of professional experience and expertise in business. They are alumni and friends of K-State who volunteer their time to help students prepare professionally and succeed in their chosen career. Here are a few of the ways in which a mentor can help you:
- Coach you on your soft skills
- Critique your resume
- Discuss industry trends
- Introduce you to colleagues to help you build your professional network
- Identify internship and job opportunities
- Provide tips for interviewing
- Give advice on professional communication, dress and demeanor
With an executive mentor, you will gain an advantage over other young professionals preparing to enter the workforce as you will learn about drive, attitude, professionalism and the importance of networking while still in college.
You must meet the following criteria in order to apply to be matched with an Executive Mentor:
- Be a student enrolled in a degree program within the College of Business Administration.
- Be at least sophomore standing (30 credits) or greater.
- Be no closer than 12 months from your anticipated graduation – we want your mentor to be able to work with you for a year or more before you graduate.
- Be prepared to engage in a professional relationship, one in which you will be responsible for maintaining regular communication, willing to listen and learn, and take initiative.
While the academic education and career advice that you receive in Calvin Hall is excellent, having a professional relationship with an executive who has successfully navigated the business world and can give you real, sound advice is invaluable.
Before applying for an executive mentor, please read through our answers to frequently asked questions.
For more information about the Executive Mentor program, please contact:
Physical location: College Court Building (enter door B), Suite 41, Rm. 42
Mailing address: 107 Calvin Hall