K-State Business Young Alumni Leaders
The K-State Business Young Alumni Leaders program provides a meaningful way for recent College of Business Administration (CBA) graduates to maintain a connection with the college by engaging in special CBA alumni networking events, professional development activities, and purposeful interactions with current students, faculty and staff.
As a Young Alumni Leader (YAL), you will have the unique opportunity to shape the future of current students and increase your level of involvement in the CBA. Members receive invitations from the College of Business as well as the Young Alumni Leadership Council to participate in:
- WildcatLink, a web-based networking platform to connect with influential CBA alumni and match with Executive Mentor, if desired;
- Professional development activities designed specifically for YAL members;
- Invitation-only networking and philanthropic events; and,
- Panel discussions, job shadowing, and other career-related activities to support current students.
In addition, YAL members who complete their 3-year commitment will receive an early invitation to become an Executive Mentor.
Candidates must meet the following criteria to be considered for participation:
- K-State College of Business graduate (from 2014-2018) with at least 9 months professional work experience
- Letter of recommendation/support
- The passion to build and enhance the K-State CBA brand
Individuals selected for the K-State Business Young Alumni Leaders program serve a three (3) year term during which new members will attend an orientation session (Friday, April 26, 2019) and be expected to participate in quarterly general member meetings (via phone conference) and at least two (2) program activities each year. New members pay one-time membership dues of $75 at orientation to cover program costs.
Applications are now open for the 2019 YAL class and must be submitted by Thursday, February 28, 2019 to be considered. Applications will be reviewed in March, and applicants will be notified before March 31st as to whether they have been accepted into the program or not. Contact Tracy Gettinger with questions.