Strategic Plan 2018-2022
Our strategic plan sets a path to innovate our curriculum for the modern global business world and reinvent the student experience in the College of Business to give our students even more hands-on experiences and opportunities to interact with the business community.
|Strategic Goals||Key Objectives|
|Reinventing Student Experiences|
Reinvent Educational Approach
Innovate existing curricula and student-focused programs while pursuing new opportunities that will enhance the student experience and provide a rigorous and relevant business education.
- Critically evaluate all programs and delivery methods to consider innovation opportunities that increase effectiveness while maintaining cost efficiency and consistency with our core values.
- Enhance the student experience through interdisciplinary educational opportunities.
- Take full advantage of instructional technology resources to strengthen delivery of educational programs.
|Encourage a Global Mindset|
Increase appreciation and competency in operating in a global business environment to prepare students to flourish in a world of commerce that is truly international.
- Create more opportunities for student international experiences.
- Enhance international student recruitment.
- Create faculty and staff international opportunities in teaching, research, and business/alumni connections.
- Continuously strengthen international content in the curriculum.
|Expanding External Collaborations |
|Collaborate with Business Community|
Increase the quantity and quality of interactions between businesses faculty and students to create mutual value.
- Strengthen relationships with more alumni and businesses.
- Increase interactions between faculty and industry partners.
- Enhance opportunities for students to engage with businesses.
|Influence Business Practice and Knowledge|
Advance business knowledge and impact business practice.
- Provide support for impactful research projects.
- Encourage and facilitate increased faculty interactions with business leaders, governmental agencies, and non-profit organizations for research collaborations.
|Strengthening Foundations for Enterprise Sustainability & Growth |
|Build Professional Organizational Culture|
Foster a strong sense of belonging, respect, collegiality, and inclusion among faculty, staff and students.
- Promote a positive work environment that helps to attract and retain the best employees.
- Improve diversity within the college through a culture of inclusion and support.
|Achieve Financial Security|
Establish a sustainable structure and secure the resources needed to allow the Business College to thrive and achieve its goals.
- Reach private fundraising goal of $150 million by end of I&I campaign.
- Develop new and expand current revenue sources.
- Explore new budget models with University, Foundation, and Global Campus.
|Improve Student Recruitment, Retention, Graduation, and Placement|
Engage in activities that increase interest and awareness in the college among prospective students, increase retention among current students, improve graduation rates, and lead to superior job placement.
- Improve the quality and quantity of students enrolled in the college.
- Increase freshman to sophomore retention rate.
- Increase graduation rate.
- Improve the quality and quantity of career options that are available to students.
|Launch Strategic Communication and Marketing Initiative|
Engage in targeted communication that builds recognition of our brand, projects a consistent and compelling message, and differentiates the college to key audiences, including other business colleges, businesses, alumni, and donors.
- Enhance messaging of our unique capabilities to targeted audiences.
- Improve our reputation among other B-Schools.
- Communicate the successes of our students and alumni.