Mission, Vision and Values
The mission of the College of Business Administration at Kansas State University is excellence in the advancement and dissemination of knowledge consistent with the needs of students, business, faculty, and society.
The College of Business Administration operates under the administration of the Kansas Board of Regents and Kansas State University. The long-term purpose of the college is to provide excellent undergraduate and master’s degree programs that will prepare students to become successful business professionals in an increasingly diverse and interconnected workplace. The college is committed to developing and maintaining a strong academic reputation for purposes of student recruitment and placement.
The college’s comparative advantage derives from a well-qualified student population, a faculty committed to high-quality research and teaching, and strong support from alumni and the business community. The achievement of our mission is dependent upon the joint efforts of all individuals associated with the college.
The vision of the College is to be the school of choice for the best students in the region and to be a school that attracts highly qualified students from the USA and the world by providing an environment where every student can succeed
We believe student engagement is critical to their success. To foster this engagement, we will surround the students with high quality faculty and staff, strong student advising and co-curricular programs, successful and involved alumni and corporate partners, and by building applied academic programs, and pursuing targeted initiatives. Our academic programs will be competitive with the best programs among our peer institutions. The college will play an integral part in the university’s goal to be a top 50 public research university by also supporting faculty in their research and achieving national recognition for many of these scholarly endeavors.
- We value high ethical standards. As faculty, staff, and administrators, we value honesty, integrity, and dignity in our interactions with colleagues and students and seek to act in accord with the highest standards of professional ethics at all times.
- We value our students. As faculty, staff, and administrators, we welcome the responsibility of working with all students to facilitate their learning and professional development in a high quality educational environment.
- We value the educational process. As faculty, staff, and administrators, we welcome the responsibility to develop and deliver high quality educational programs to students in the college and throughout the university.
- We value the process and outcomes of research and scholarship. As faculty, we seek to expand the knowledge in our disciplines and impact business practice by conducting relevant and valid research and disseminating this knowledge through teaching, intellectual contributions, and service activities.
- We value the organizations -- corporate, non-profit and governmental -- that we prepare our students to serve. We embrace opportunities to partner with these organizations as we prepare students for successful careers and seek to expand the knowledge of our disciplines. Consistent with our land-grant mission, we recognize that the university, our students and the organizations we serve share an important ultimate responsibility for the betterment of the Kansas communities where we live and work, and are committed to the well-being of these communities.
- We value innovation and continuous improvement in all areas, and especially in our educational programs. In particular, we support those efforts deemed to assist the University in reaching its goal of becoming a top 50 public research university. Accordingly, we encourage faculty and staff to engage in activities designed to develop their professional talents and skills more fully.
- We value, celebrate and embrace diversity, inclusion and cooperation in a global environment. We respect the rights, culture, and dignity of all faculty, staff and students as contributing members of the team by utilizing multiple perspectives and talents. We seek out the opportunity for all participants to learn and grow in a global, diverse world and recognize the importance of business education for contributing to a better world.