About Our College
The Kansas State University College of Business Administration is an accredited institution with a dynamic curriculum. Our programs are guided by business executives throughout the country, who advise our faculty on workforce needs. Our curriculum, both at the undergraduate and graduate levels, is designed to challenge students and teach them team-building skills.
With undergraduate programs in marketing, accounting, finance, accounting, management, management information systems and entrepreneurship the college offers a wide range of classes within the disciplines, giving students the possibility of exploring the different sides of the business world.
Our graduate school offers an MBA and MAcc, as well as three different graduate certificate programs in leadership, business administration and animal health management.
The college currently has 67 full-time faculty members, many of them award winners, top researchers and business owners. All are active in trade, research and business organizations
Our enrollment is of approximately 2603 undergraduate and 122 graduate students, and we have active business student organizations that expose our students to business leaders, professional networking and leadership.
Mission, Vision and Core Values
The mission of the College of Business Administration at Kansas State University is excellence in the advancement and dissemination of knowledge consistent with the needs of students, business, faculty, and society.
The College of Business Administration operates under the administration of the Kansas Board of Regents and Kansas State University. The long-term purpose of the College is to provide excellent undergraduate and master's degree programs that will prepare students to become successful business professionals in an increasingly diverse and interconnected workplace. The College is committed to developing and maintaining a strong academic reputation for purposes of student recruitment and placement.
The College's comparative advantage derives from a well-qualified student population, a faculty committed to high-quality research and teaching, and strong support from alumni and the business community. The achievement of our mission is dependent upon the joint efforts of all individuals associated with the College.
The vision of the College is to be the school of choice for the best students in the region and to be a school that attracts highly qualified students from the USA and the world by providing an environment where every student can succeed
We believe student engagement is critical to their success. To foster this engagement, we will surround the students with high quality faculty and staff, strong student advising and co-curricular programs, successful and involved alumni and corporate partners, and by building applied academic programs, and pursuing targeted initiatives. Our academic programs will be competitive with the best programs among our peer institutions. The College will play an integral part in the University's goal to be a top 50 public research university by also supporting faculty in their research and achieving national recognition for many of these scholarly endeavors.
1. We value high ethical standards. As faculty, staff, and administrators, we value honesty, integrity, and dignity in our interactions with colleagues and students and seek to act in accord with the highest standards of professional ethics at all times.
2. We value our students. As faculty, staff, and administrators, we welcome the responsibility of working with students to facilitate their learning in a high quality educational environment.
3. We value the educational process. As faculty, staff, and administrators, we welcome the responsibility to develop and deliver high quality educational programs to students in the College and throughout the University.
4. We value the process of research and scholarship. As faculty, we seek to expand the knowledge in our disciplines by conducting relevant and valid research and to disseminate this knowledge through teaching, intellectual contributions, and service activities.
5. We value the communities we serve. Consistent with our heritage as a land-grant university, we recognize and appreciate the contributions that all Kansas communities make to the College and University in the forms of students, resources, and opportunities for business and personal growth. We also understand their unique dependence on Kansas State University for information and advice related to business endeavors. As faculty, staff, and administrators, we seek to explore opportunities to disseminate knowledge to people in these communities.
6. We value innovation and continuous improvement in all areas, and especially in our educational programs. In particular, we support those efforts deemed to assist the University in reaching its goal of becoming a top 50 public research university. Accordingly, we encourage faculty and staff to engage in activities designed to develop their professional talents and skills more fully.
7. We value, celebrate and embrace diversity, inclusion and cooperation. We respect the rights, culture, and dignity of all persons as contributing members of the team by utilizing multiple perspectives and talents.
The College of Business Administration is among an elite 10 percent of the approximately 1680 business schools and colleges in the United States to hold accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International) for all business and accounting programs.
AACSB International accreditation is the hallmark of excellence in management education. Since 1916 it has been enhancing the quality of management education through rigorous and comprehensive peer review, as well as by fostering international exchange, key business links, sharing of best practices and professional development opportunities.
As of April 2008, 459 of the 1680 business schools in the US hold AACSB business accreditation (27%), of which 169 have additional specialized accreditation for their accounting programs (10%). The accounting program at K-State holds this prestigious accreditation.
The college received accreditation from AACSB in 1973. By 1980 the Master of Business Administration and the Master of Accountancy were also accredited by AACSB. In 1988 the accounting department received separate accreditation, a high honor.
Kansas State University's accreditation confirms the commitment to quality and continuous improvement through a rigorous and comprehensive peer review. AACSB International accreditation is the hallmark of excellence in business education.
*Historical photo curtesy of Kansas State University Archives.