With business becoming increasingly competitive, marketing has become more important than ever before. Marketing involves determining consumer needs, translating those needs into products and services, and selling them in a highly competitive global marketplace. It requires analytical skills as well as intuition, logic, and creativity. At Kansas State University, you will find a marketing program that addresses the needs of today's challenging corporate environment.
Marketing is a broad, dynamic field with many interesting opportunities for students and faculty. The department's number one priority is student success through quality education. Our students learn not only in classroom settings, but also through internship and co-op opportunities, by touring corporations, and exposure to visiting marketing executives. Quality education and real-world experience prepare our students for exciting and rewarding careers in marketing.
Mission & Vision
The mission of the Department of Marketing is to generate, disseminate, and apply marketing knowledge by engaging in high quality teaching, research, professional service, and professional development activities. Our primary goal is to educate and develop marketing practitioners who possess the potential to advance to leadership positions.
The Department strives to be acknowledged as the leader in undergraduate marketing education in Kansas and among recognized peer institutions. We support the Master of Business Administration and Master of Accountancy programs with high quality service courses.
Advisory Board & Corportate Partners
The Department of Marketing at KSU builds strong partnerships through our Corporate Partnership Program. Companies are able to:
- Obtain valuable exposure to some of the top business students in the country
- Create strong recognition for their company amongst our highly qualified student body
- Gain immediate access to research developments as they emerge
Partners provide the Marketing Department with much needed financial and other support. Partners also participate by providing advice and counsel to Marketing students and faculty. Acting as Corporate Partners allows firms to participate in a variety of ways that will directly impact hundreds of marketing students annually.
Corporate Partners gain the opportunity to identify highly talented individuals with career goals within their respective industries. Marketing students are equally eager to know about the companies who recruit at KSU, and are most likely to accept positions at those firms they have come to know.
Corporate Partner Benefits
- Invited to participate in Visiting Executive Program to speak in classes
- Free listing of employment opportunities for students in the Department of Marketing student listserv
- Invited to participate in curriculum developments such as marketing skills and learning outcomes for students
- Opportunity to network with students as potential employees
- Receive new ideas and applications from ongoing faculty research
- Invited to speak at Marketing Club meetings
- Opportunity to attend the Advisory Council Annual Meeting, golf outing, and tailgate party